Subject: Amiga compiler
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:19:41 -0700

For those interested, this post appeared on the lw plug-in mailing list:

Subj:	Re: LW Amiga Compiler?
Date:	96-04-18 19:06:06 EDT
From:	[email-masked] (Oliver Hotz)
Sender:	[email-masked]
Reply-to:	[email-masked]
To:	[email-masked]

>re: Amiga compiler

>We hit a brick wall with Manx about 2 years ago and "upgraded" to SAS.
>While the environment and tools were better, the optomizer generated bad
>code.  I was able to work around a lot of it in Modeler with special
>SAS-specific code, but Allen found that too difficult for his code and
>was forced to compile without optomization on several key modules.  This
>was with SAS/C 6.51.  I recently applied the patches to bring my version
>up to 6.56, but when I tried the optomizer I found there were still bugs,
>different and more insidious than the ones I had worked around.  So I
>backed out to 6.51 and told Allen not to bother.  Amiga LW 5.0 is
>compiled with SAS/C 6.51 with selective optomizations like 4.0.

>Where can I write for more info on StormC?  Anyone using it?

>       - Stuart

StormC and GCC are available on aminet...... i will send you storm C for your
convenience.. it will be in the 2 mails after this one.....

you guys should really check out GCC too.. its been under very strong
developement and its available for almost all platforms.. its also on aminet
in the dev/gcc/ directory......... check ftp.netnet.net or ftp.wustl.edu
its in the aminet dir and then dev/gcc.... if you have problems finding it..
please let me know...

Sincerely,

Oliver Hotz...